The end of 2nd year...
Saturday, May 31, 2008
With the last paper of Applied Probability today, my second year has unofficially come to an end...
the 4 books from library for App. Partial Diff. Eqns. and App. Prob. and that whole stack of written + photocopied lecture notes for my 6subjects for the whole year..!!! I have used up more than 1000sheets of foolscape paper and more than 10blue pens =p
The 4 main reasons I'm here:
1. Academic
- 6 subjects each 20 credit points..
- if nothing goes wrong, I expect at least a 2:1 for Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations and Applied Partial Differential Equations..
- I SHOULD be able to get a 2:1 for Statistics as well..
- I HOPE, I PRAY they will scale the graph to the right so that I can get a 2:2 for Optimisation and Applied Probability.. if not I'll be at the borderline... so please scale the graph to the right!!!!
This shows that my calculus related subjects are so much stronger! a bit surprising!
I'm thinking of switching to pure mathematics degree instead of Maths with stats next year..
and I'm thinking of taking engineering mathematics as well...
Higher pressure next year coz it's the final year that matters whether you get a 2:1 or a first...
ahhhh~~ but I still love studying..
2. People
- met some new people but not as much as I did last year.. maybe coz everyone has their on cliques
- but I'm contented that I have GREAT friends! =)
- and I'm glad I grew closer to my coursemates.. They are simply awesome!
- also thanks to some people who actually thought me the reality of the world..
there are some seniors graduating this year that I'll miss dearly.. ALL THE BEST!!! and keep in touch! It's a blessing to meet nice people in a foreign country!
3. Co-curriculur
- that's what I haven't been doing much
- Oxfam
- joined Stage Technicians Association and was active for a while till exams
- was in the committee for the Fashion Academy Play which didn't turn out
I think I should join TUBBS (choir) next year.. or maybe back to Wind Orchestra and continue with STA? or a part time paid job? compared to high school, my college and uni co-curriculur is soooo empty!
4. Travel
- went to Aberdeen, Scotland
- finally get to see Mozart's hometown in Salzburg, Austria.. and of course we went to Vienna as well
- going to Cardiff next week
- not to forget a visit to London as well! haha
- thinking of going to Milan as the return ticket is only 32pounds.. should I go?
I want to go back to Paris one day.. and of course explore Switzerland, Germany, Morocco, Praque, Italy, Protugal.. basically European countries I haven't been...
Overall:
I can't imagine that by this time next year, I'll be graduating! Time flies..
I wish I can study longer... so i definitely want to do a masters.. pray hard that my overall results will turn out to fabulous!
I'm gonna miss my life here as a student!
one more year to go..
I'll have to treasure it.. coz I know I'll miss my uni life dearly!
the life, the people, the lecturers, the knowledge, the opportunities, and most importantly the whole experience which is PRICELESS... I'm glad I'm here!
The 4 main reasons I'm here:
1. Academic
- 6 subjects each 20 credit points..
- if nothing goes wrong, I expect at least a 2:1 for Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations and Applied Partial Differential Equations..
- I SHOULD be able to get a 2:1 for Statistics as well..
- I HOPE, I PRAY they will scale the graph to the right so that I can get a 2:2 for Optimisation and Applied Probability.. if not I'll be at the borderline... so please scale the graph to the right!!!!
This shows that my calculus related subjects are so much stronger! a bit surprising!
I'm thinking of switching to pure mathematics degree instead of Maths with stats next year..
and I'm thinking of taking engineering mathematics as well...
Higher pressure next year coz it's the final year that matters whether you get a 2:1 or a first...
ahhhh~~ but I still love studying..
2. People
- met some new people but not as much as I did last year.. maybe coz everyone has their on cliques
- but I'm contented that I have GREAT friends! =)
- and I'm glad I grew closer to my coursemates.. They are simply awesome!
- also thanks to some people who actually thought me the reality of the world..
there are some seniors graduating this year that I'll miss dearly.. ALL THE BEST!!! and keep in touch! It's a blessing to meet nice people in a foreign country!
3. Co-curriculur
- that's what I haven't been doing much
- Oxfam
- joined Stage Technicians Association and was active for a while till exams
- was in the committee for the Fashion Academy Play which didn't turn out
I think I should join TUBBS (choir) next year.. or maybe back to Wind Orchestra and continue with STA? or a part time paid job? compared to high school, my college and uni co-curriculur is soooo empty!
4. Travel
- went to Aberdeen, Scotland
- finally get to see Mozart's hometown in Salzburg, Austria.. and of course we went to Vienna as well
- going to Cardiff next week
- not to forget a visit to London as well! haha
- thinking of going to Milan as the return ticket is only 32pounds.. should I go?
I want to go back to Paris one day.. and of course explore Switzerland, Germany, Morocco, Praque, Italy, Protugal.. basically European countries I haven't been...
Overall:
I can't imagine that by this time next year, I'll be graduating! Time flies..
I wish I can study longer... so i definitely want to do a masters.. pray hard that my overall results will turn out to fabulous!
I'm gonna miss my life here as a student!
one more year to go..
I'll have to treasure it.. coz I know I'll miss my uni life dearly!
the life, the people, the lecturers, the knowledge, the opportunities, and most importantly the whole experience which is PRICELESS... I'm glad I'm here!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home