1st PJ Youth prac
Monday, April 03, 2006
After 1.5 years, i finally have a chance to play in a band again! I love the feel, looking at conductor, reading through single line music scores, whispering with ppl next to you when you are counting for rest bars, laughing together when the whole section can't catch a very long and fast funning note passage, feeling helpless when your intonation is sooo out and you don't know how to change it in the middle of the song..!!
I arrived quite on time. There are lot's of familiar faces and also few that I've never met before. There are quite a number of members didn't turn up i suppose, looking at some sections with only a few players. I'm getting excited and nervous for the 1st prac especially after such a long time I haven't officially played anything!
We ran through piece by piece in a very nice recording hall. The acoustic is just fantastic! You can hear yourself very clearly(except for the ever loud star wars main theme).. haha~! This is my 2nd time playing the 2nd oboe part. The 1st time was 4 years ago for KLSO. I'm very not used to it as most of the time when I play, I'm playing the 1st part not to say being the principal.
I try to control my movements very hardly, really feel like I was a robot yesterday. There's only 2 oboist actually, and there's thiss part which has an English Horn solo. How Keen is so smart to bring an English Horn along so he can set that instrument right on spot when sir is trying to solve that problem. Since I can't play and have never ever played an English Horn before, I'm going to play the first part for that movement. haha~! It's a slow and sweet tune with oboe and English Horn solos. I like the melody so much although it's just for few bars..! finally, at least i get to play the first part! hahaha..
so aft prac, we have to arrange the chairs back and lock the hall. oh yeah, there's something really nice about the hall. The door knobs are actually of a treble clef shape! It looks really elegant and classy!!!
Looking forward for the next practise as well as the upcoming concert.. I hope to join for the recording so hopefully they can make it earlier.. haha~!
I arrived quite on time. There are lot's of familiar faces and also few that I've never met before. There are quite a number of members didn't turn up i suppose, looking at some sections with only a few players. I'm getting excited and nervous for the 1st prac especially after such a long time I haven't officially played anything!
We ran through piece by piece in a very nice recording hall. The acoustic is just fantastic! You can hear yourself very clearly(except for the ever loud star wars main theme).. haha~! This is my 2nd time playing the 2nd oboe part. The 1st time was 4 years ago for KLSO. I'm very not used to it as most of the time when I play, I'm playing the 1st part not to say being the principal.
I try to control my movements very hardly, really feel like I was a robot yesterday. There's only 2 oboist actually, and there's thiss part which has an English Horn solo. How Keen is so smart to bring an English Horn along so he can set that instrument right on spot when sir is trying to solve that problem. Since I can't play and have never ever played an English Horn before, I'm going to play the first part for that movement. haha~! It's a slow and sweet tune with oboe and English Horn solos. I like the melody so much although it's just for few bars..! finally, at least i get to play the first part! hahaha..
so aft prac, we have to arrange the chairs back and lock the hall. oh yeah, there's something really nice about the hall. The door knobs are actually of a treble clef shape! It looks really elegant and classy!!!
Looking forward for the next practise as well as the upcoming concert.. I hope to join for the recording so hopefully they can make it earlier.. haha~!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home