Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Yippee! I'm now a student member of the Royal Statistical Society!!
Have been receiving lot's of monthly newsletters as well as Quarter magazines from them! very informative!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just signed up for level 2 Japanese course! They actually took me into the 2nd level straight away without any written test!
Have 3 more levels to do before I can sit for the 2nd level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) by the Jap government....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinese Society will be coming up with their annual production..
This year it'll be the first ever beauty pagent in the uni.. of course i'm not the participant but I'd like to help the production crew...
first meeting will be this wednesday
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investment Banking evening was such a great opportunity to talk to all the recent graduates in the big firms..
I guess I know which ones I'll be applying for but note the competition I'll face as well! Even huge firms like JPMorgan offers only 200places worldwide with more than 100 applications per place...
Then only I realize so many people are engaged in the rat race! There are also some people out there to pull you down by discouraging you in all means.. That is when ignorance is bliss =D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am now reading "SHAME" by Jasvinder Sanghera.
It's all about gurls in India/Pakistan where they are not allowed to go to school, not allowed to socialize, not allowed to do anbything they wish...
Jasvinder tells her true story of survival in that environment and how she became a writer in the end.. quite inspiring!
Have been receiving lot's of monthly newsletters as well as Quarter magazines from them! very informative!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just signed up for level 2 Japanese course! They actually took me into the 2nd level straight away without any written test!
Have 3 more levels to do before I can sit for the 2nd level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) by the Jap government....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinese Society will be coming up with their annual production..
This year it'll be the first ever beauty pagent in the uni.. of course i'm not the participant but I'd like to help the production crew...
first meeting will be this wednesday
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investment Banking evening was such a great opportunity to talk to all the recent graduates in the big firms..
I guess I know which ones I'll be applying for but note the competition I'll face as well! Even huge firms like JPMorgan offers only 200places worldwide with more than 100 applications per place...
Then only I realize so many people are engaged in the rat race! There are also some people out there to pull you down by discouraging you in all means.. That is when ignorance is bliss =D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am now reading "SHAME" by Jasvinder Sanghera.
It's all about gurls in India/Pakistan where they are not allowed to go to school, not allowed to socialize, not allowed to do anbything they wish...
Jasvinder tells her true story of survival in that environment and how she became a writer in the end.. quite inspiring!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home