----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Butterfly Garden (v1.01) Designer: Princess Sabrina URL: www.sabrina.sg Date: 03 July 2007 ----------------------------------------------- -->
 
 
 

...~***Polaris***~...




Friday, August 11, 2006

Now I think prac is fun~! not practising actually but rehearsals are fun coz is more on running trhough musics only plus a little bit of polishing here and there... there will be no rehearsals without any prac though!

I finally know the sax principal's name who sat beside me for so long?! oh my gosh, it's so embarrasing not to know his name before this - Weng Hang(i don't know how to spell). I certainly heard of but have never seen and now only I know he sits beside me during rehearsals for so long?!

The flute soloist came last nite to rehearse with us. To us it's a rehearsal but to him is sigh-reading I guess.. His instrument is nice~! goldish silver if you can imagine..~! however, I think the fulte looks a bit too tiny in contrast with his body.. hahahahaha~! jkjk

Now I love the song October. It's nice to be heard not nice to play on!~ it's in a 5 flat key and A flat & D flat is so hard to tune on my instrument.. !! Most of the songs we play are in E flat major.. I wonder whby composers likes to write flat keys for band. We hardly play in sharp keys like F sharp major or B major. Why do they want the sound to be dark?

Playing 7th Night of July reminds me of my band life a lot. Moreover I'm using the same score with all those markings that I've marked when we prac that song in CHSB. hmmm.. when did we play that song? i can't rmb =p

There's one song that I really miss playing.. The last time we played or rather I played was on the 4th Nov 2000 during CHS Carnival. I can't rmb the title. It's a Jap song that sounds very encouraging and cheerful!! in B flat major. Will I get to play that again?

Good news~!! We are going to get a full house concert tmr nite as all the tickets are sold out!! yayy!!! Sir said the sales is better than MPO? haha.. PJ Youth only have their concert once in a year or less but MPO have it weekly. Can't compare..

I just hope that we will put on a good show!! The best part of being a performer is when you
see smiling faces when your audience leave the hall.. not to forget "ENCORE" hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home