----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Butterfly Garden (v1.01) Designer: Princess Sabrina URL: www.sabrina.sg Date: 03 July 2007 ----------------------------------------------- -->
 
 
 

...~***Polaris***~...




Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I have a lot of books on my table now. They are lining up, waiting for me to read one by one.

I don't know why I just got so into books recently. Guess it's my dad, keep buying interesting titles and I always get to read before him.. It's a good thing though!

just don't call me a nerd!! =p

Anyone who thinks maths is boring subject, I suggest you read this :
"Slicing Pizzas, Racing Turtles and Further Adventures in Applied Mathematics"
by Robert B.Banks

It's a great book~!! very interesting!!

Do you know how many decimal places "pi" (the one we use to calc the area of a circle), one of the most important maths constant has?
make a guess....

few hundred?

few thousand?

haha.. I don't think you can get it..

so the answer is:
51 BILLION
It is stated in the book that "pi" has been calculated to more than 51billion decimal places in 1999.
and I believe the this number is certainly growing... =)

okay, that's just a part of it and I haven't finish reading this book coz I have to finish reading all the other books b4 I leave.. =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home