Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I received this thick envelope containing loads of information regarding the university. I'm soooo looking forward to the fresher's week now.
Another thing is, they have about 10 different music societies. Of course, the BUMS(Bristol University Music Society) is the main one. Another few orchestras(some require auditions to enter while some don't), a wind orchestra, a string orchestra, some ensembles, chamber groups, choirs, jazz groups, big bands, rock and pop etc etc I seriously don't know which one should I join!
I wonder what kinda pieces are required for audidions. To my surprise, it's written "piece of your own choice showing off technical proficiency and tone quality" plus a sight reading piece given on spot! yayy!! I'm certainly gonna try my luck in the audition.
I'm wondering which sports racquet should I bring now. It cost 10 pounds to play in an indoor tennis court during peak hours, 8 pounds off peak and 2.50 pounds for outdoor courts. I don't mind paying that if it's in MYR but after you convert? hmmmmm.. how can I afford to play every week?
sports membership is rather expensive too! 275 pounds for 3 years. shall I join? big question.
the problem is IF i get into the university's symphony orchestra or symphonia, I don't think I have much time left for sports but I still wana play tennis!
haha.. which one should be my priority? I guess it's got to be music?
Another thing is, they have about 10 different music societies. Of course, the BUMS(Bristol University Music Society) is the main one. Another few orchestras(some require auditions to enter while some don't), a wind orchestra, a string orchestra, some ensembles, chamber groups, choirs, jazz groups, big bands, rock and pop etc etc I seriously don't know which one should I join!
I wonder what kinda pieces are required for audidions. To my surprise, it's written "piece of your own choice showing off technical proficiency and tone quality" plus a sight reading piece given on spot! yayy!! I'm certainly gonna try my luck in the audition.
I'm wondering which sports racquet should I bring now. It cost 10 pounds to play in an indoor tennis court during peak hours, 8 pounds off peak and 2.50 pounds for outdoor courts. I don't mind paying that if it's in MYR but after you convert? hmmmmm.. how can I afford to play every week?
sports membership is rather expensive too! 275 pounds for 3 years. shall I join? big question.
the problem is IF i get into the university's symphony orchestra or symphonia, I don't think I have much time left for sports but I still wana play tennis!
haha.. which one should be my priority? I guess it's got to be music?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home